Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Two Restaurant Conversations

Two Restaurant Conversations
1.  a.   Excuse ___, but I think there is a _________ in our check.
      b.  There is?
      a.   Yes. You charged* us for two desserts, but we only ___ one. *收费, 索价, cobrar
      b.  Hmm… I'm ________. I don’t know _____ that happened.
           Let _____ take care of that. I’ll __ right back.
2.  a.   Excuse me, __________ you get me __________ knife? ______one is dirty.
      b.  Well, we can’t have that, can we? (=That's unacceptable. , inaceptable)
           One moment, please. I’ll be _______ back.
      a.   Thank you.

Conversation #1
a.   How many desserts did the people eat?
b.  How many desserts did the waiter charge them for (=ask them to pay for)?
c.   Did the waiter correct the mistake?
Conversation #2
d.  What was wrong with the diner's* knife?

      *  , comensal

1. me  mistake
got or ate or had
sorry   how
2. can or could or would   This
right

Questions
#1
a. one
b. two
c. yes
#2
It was dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment