Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Have you ___ lately?

Read these examples carefully. Use the same form when you write.
In your first sentence, use enjoy + gerund.  Start your second sentence with a past time phrase (e.g., yesterday, last night) and follow it with a simple past tense verb.
                                      enjoy  + gerund                                  when                simple past                      extra info
a.    In my spare time, I enjoy going to the movies.  Last Saturday I went to a movie.  I saw Rio at the Metreon Theater.                     
b.    In my spare time, I enjoy drawingYesterday afternoon I drew a picture of the swans in Stowe Lake.
If you haven’t done anything lately, use present perfect in the second sentence:
c.    In my spare time, I enjoy having friends over for dinner.  I haven’t had any friends over for dinner lately. I haven't had the time.
Now write about yourself. 
1.


2.



3.

No comments:

Post a Comment