Wednesday, June 5, 2013

PRESENT PERFECT and SIMPLE PAST

Read the present perfect statement about an event at an indefinite time in the past.
First, write a question. Ask exactly when. (a definite time: simple past)
Second, write a statement with the definite past time in parentheses. (simple past)
Example
Over the past year, I’ve started studying Spanish. (indefinite time)                 
a.   Oh, really? When did you start studying Spanish?  (Ask exactly when: definite time)
b.  (in June) I started studying Spanish in June. (definite time)
1.  a.   Over the past year, he has begun studying Mandarin.                                       
     b.  Oh, really? When did
     a.  (in May) He
2.  a.   Since we last spoke to each other, he has graduated from high school.        
     b.  Is that right? When did
     a.  (in June) He
3.  a.  In the last six months, I have bought a new car.
     b.  Oh, really? When did
     a.  (at the end of June) I
4.  a.  Over the last year, I have broken up with my girlfriend/boyfriend.           
     b.  Is that right? When did
     a.  (last summer) I
5.  a.  Over the last six months, I have quit smoking.                                        
     b.  Oh, really? When did
     a.  (in the spring) I
6.  a.  Over the last year, I’ve lost my job.
     b.  When did
     a.  (at the beginning of September) I
7.  a.  In the last month, I’ve gotten promoted. 我提升为, conseguir un ascenso,
           повыше́ние в до́лжности
     b.  Is that right? When ________________________________________?  
     a.  (three weeks ago) I


1.    a. When did you begin studying Mandarin?       b. I began studying Mandarin in May.
2.    a. When did he graduate from high school?    b. He graduated from high school in June.
3.    a. When did you buy a new car?                      b. I bought a new car at the end of June.
4.    a. When did you break up with your girlfriend?                                                                        b. I broke up with my girlfriend last summer.
5.    a. When did you quit smoking?                        b. I quit smoking in the spring.
6.    a. When did you lose your job?                       b. I lost my job at the beginning of September.

7.    a. When did you get you promoted?                b. I got promoted three weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment