Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reminder: Retake Quiz #1 on Monday

If you failed the quiz on two-part verbs, you must take it again on Monday. Here are the verbs for the test on Monday:

1.       call something (st)  off: cancel.  We had to call off the meeting. We had to call the meeting off. We had to call it off.  取 消, cancelar/anular, отменять

2.       call someone (sb) up: phone someone.  I called up my brother. I called my brother up. I called him up.

3.       drop sb off: take someone somewhere. I dropped off my daughter at school on my way to work. I dropped my daughter off at school on my way to work. I dropped her off on my way to work.  ... , dejar, высаживать

4.       drop st off:  deliver; bring and leave.  Doug came by, and he dropped off this package. He came by, and he dropped this package off. He came by, and he dropped it off.

5.       figure st out: solve, finally understand.  After I thought about it for awhile, I figured out the riddle (谜语, acertijo, загадка). After I thought about it for awhile, I figured the riddle out. After I thought about it for awhile, I figured it out.  领会, 理解, encontrar la respuesta/solución, понимать 

6.       fill st out: complete. I filled out the forms. I filled the forms out. I filled them out.

7.       find st out: learn for the first time, to uncover some information. I just found out his dirty little secret. I just found his dirty little secret out. I just found it out.  查 明, descubrir, узнавать

8.       getˬback: return.  I just got back from vacation.

9.       getˬby: have just enough to manage or survive. She barely makes enough money to get by.   , 应付,  arreglárselas, apañárselas, обходиться

No comments:

Post a Comment