Friday, February 8, 2013

Part 6: Phrasal Verbs



Part 6: Phrasal Verbs. Fill in the blanks. Use a two-part verb from the list. Sometimes you will need to add a pronoun, such as me, her, him, it, or them. The ˬ sign between two words means that they must stay together; you cannot put a word between them. 

getˬup
goˬon
growˬup
growˬup
help out
pick up
put back
take off
talk over
throw away

1.   (A nurse speaking to a patient at the doctor's office): OK, could you ____________ your shirt and pants and put on this blue gown, please?
2.   A Level 4 student may __________ to Level 5 if she passes three out of the four Level 4 Exit Tests. Students who don't pass three tests are supposed to* repeat Level 4. *被期望…, se suponía que, поло́жено
3.   Aunt Rosa's flight will arrive on Monday afternoon at 3:30. Can you _________________ at the airport? I have to work then.
4.   Could you _________________? This box is too heavy for me to lift by myself. 
5.   Mr. Trego ________________ in northern Idaho. He lived there until he was 21 years old.
6.   My son ____________________ so fast! (Use present continuous.) He's starting to get a mustache. I can still remember when he was just a baby.
7.   On weekdays, I ___________ at 5:20 a.m. I don't like to get out of bed so early, but I have to be at work by 7:00.
8.   She looked at the price tag on the sweater. It was too expensive, so she ________________ on the shelf.
9.   The cheese had green mold ( , moho, пле́сень) all over it. Obviously, he couldn't eat it, so he ____________________.
10. This is a very important decision. You should really ___________________ with your family before you decide what to do.  
1. take off
2. go on
3. pick her up
4. help me out
5. grew up
6. is growing up
7. get up
8. put it back
9. threw it away
10. talk it over

No comments:

Post a Comment