Friday, February 8, 2013

like, be like, would like, look like I just met Anna's husband.



Fill in the missing words.

1. a. I just met Anna’s husband.

     b. Oh, really? What _________ he like?

     a.  He’s nice, but he’s so shy! He hardly* said a word the whole evening!

           *几乎不, apenas, casi, едва

2. a. _________ you like living in San Francisco?

     b. It’s OK, but I prefer L.A.  

     a. Is that right? Why?

     b. It's not foggy all the time like San Francisco is.

3. a. They keep asking me if I want to meet their son (daughter).

     b. Oh, really? What _________ he (she) look like?

     a. Well, they showed me a picture, and he’s (she’s) not bad-looking, actually!

     b. Well, why not? They’re a good family, and you’re not getting any younger, you know!

4. a. How was your meal? Was everything OK?

     b. Yes, thank you. It was excellent.

     a. Good. _________ you like to see the dessert menu? We have a wonderful chocolate cake this evening.

     b. Believe me, that sounds tempting1, but we really have to get going2.          

     a. OK. Then I’ll just bring you the check.  1 诱惑, tentador, соблазнительный    2  need to leave



1. is

2. Do

3. does

4. Would

No comments:

Post a Comment