Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review: The Comparative Are you heavier or thinner than...?



Student A. Review: The Comparative
Ask your partner. Take turns. 流做 (某事), alternar, делать что-н по очереди
1.    Are you heavier or thinner than your mother is or was?
           Answer:  I am (heavier/thinner) than my mother is (was).
3.    Is San Francisco smaller or bigger than your hometown?  San Francisco has about        750,000 people.
           Answer:  San Francisco is (bigger/smaller) than my hometown.
5.    Whose household* is bigger, yours or mine? My household has ___ people.
       *家庭, hogar, дом                                                                                    #
        Answer:            Your household is bigger than mine.                                        
                         or: My household is bigger than yours.
7.    Which city has a larger population*, Los Angeles or Mexico City?
       *人口, población, население
      Answer:      Mexico City has a larger population than Los Angeles (does).
           (Mexico City has 18 million people, and L.A. has 13 million.)
9.    Which country is farther north, Taiwan or Japan?
           Answer:  Japan is farther north than Taiwan (is).
11.  In July, is San Francisco warmer or cooler than your hometown?
           Answer:  In July, San Francisco is (warmer/cooler) than my hometown.




Student B. Review: The Comparative
Ask your partner. Take turns. 流做 (某事), alternar, делать что-н по очереди
2.    Are you taller or shorter than your father is or was?
           Answer:  I am (taller/shorter) than my father is (was).
4.    Whose commute to school is longer, yours or mine? My commute is ___ minutes            long.                                                                                                     #
           Answer:         Your commute to school is longer than mine.              
                         or:   My commute to school is longer than yours.
6.    Which state is farther south, Florida or California?
           Answer:  Florida is farther south (than California is).  
8.    Do you think you are younger or older than I am?
           Answer:  I think I am (younger/older) than you are.
10.  Which city has a larger population, Mumbai, India, or Tokyo, Japan?                                                                                               
          Answer:  Tokyo has a larger population than Mumbai (does).
           (Tokyo has 28 million people, and Mumbai has 18 million.)

No comments:

Post a Comment