Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Past continuous: What were you doing last night at 10:00?



Ask your partner questions 1-8.  Listen carefully so you will remember his/her responses, but don’t write anything down.  Both of you must use the past continuous in your questions and answers.

1.    What / you / do / last night at 10:00?
       a.  What were you doing last night at 10:00?
       b. Let me think... Last night at 10:00, I was brushing my teeth.
2.    What / you / do / last night at midnight?  Last night at midnight, I was _-ing
3.   What / you / do / this morning at 7:30?  This morning at...
4.   What / you / do / this morning at 7:55?
5.   Where / you / live / a year ago?
6.   Where / you / live / five years ago?
7.   What / you / think about / when you were coming to class?







Now give your paper to your partner.  Ask him/her to quiz you:
a.   O.K.  Let’s see how well you remember.  What was I doing last night at 10:00?
b.   Uh... Last night at 10:00, you were watching T.V.
a.   No, I wasn’t!  I was brushing my teeth.  Let’s try the next one.  What was I doing last night at midnight?
b.   Let’s see... Last night at midnight you were sleeping.
a.   Right.  etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment