Friday, October 25, 2013

Speaking Practice: Comparative with adjectives describing people

Example
You're short. > You're short, but I'm shorter than you are.
They're tall. > They're tall, but I'm taller than they are.
short
tall
heavy
attractive  妩媚动人的, atractivo
intelligent
smart
pretty
nice
good
bad

Tell me you are the same as the other person.
Example:
healthy / Bill > I'm as healthy as Bill is.
happy / Bill > I'm as happy as Bill is.
hard-working
outgoing  性格外向的人, sociable, extrovertido
organized  组织的,高效的, organizado
lucky


You are not the same. You're different.
Example:
I'm not as healthy as Bill is. > Bill is healthier than I am.
I'm not as happy as Bill is. > Bill is happier than I am.
hard-working
outgoing  性格外向的人, sociable, extrovertido
organized  组织的,高效的, organizado
lucky
smart
generous  慷慨的,大方的, generoso
patient   耐心的,平静等待的, paciente
old
tall

No comments:

Post a Comment