Monday, September 2, 2013

I lived in Chaud-Fontaine, Belgium, before I came to the U.S.

To listen, click on 'Permalink'.


    

I lived in Chaud-Fontaine, Belgium, before I came to the U.S. When I was young, I didn’t know it, but we were poor.  Our apartment was three floors up, so we got lots of exercise walking up and down the stairs.  My parents had one of the bedrooms, so we all had to share the other. I used to get up really early, so I could use the bathroom before the neighbors did. 

     The building was located in a suburb of Liège, Belgium.  Across the street from us, there was a doctor’s office, and next-door there was a vegetable market. 

     In back of the building, there was a small courtyard (庭 院, patio, внутренний двор). The landlord 男房东, casero, dueño, домовладелец, хозяин) let me plant some flowers back there.  In the summer, I loved to sit on the bench and read. It was nice to escape (逃避…, 回避…, escaparse, evadir, уклоняться) from all the noise.  I also liked living there because my best friend lived on the fifth floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment