Friday, March 1, 2013

Speaking: The Comparative

To listen, click on 'Permalink'.

5-Comparative3
Examples
Is he cheap? > Not at all. In fact, he's quite generous
unattractive
dishonest   
诚实的,撒谎的, deshonesto
unsuccessful
lazy
unlucky
shy
boring
mean
disorganized 
混乱, 紊乱的, 无组织的, desorganizado



Example:
I'm healthier than Mary is. (Bob)
> I'm healthier than Bob is. (Mark)
> I'm healthier than Mark is. (happier)
> I'm happier than Mark is.

Example
You're short. > You're short, but I'm shorter than you are.
They're tall. > They're tall, but I'm taller than they are.
short
tall
heavy
attractive  
妩媚动人的, atractivo
intelligent
smart
pretty
nice
good
bad

Tell me you are the same as the other person.
Example:
healthy / Bill > I'm as healthy as Bill is.
happy / Bill > I'm as happy as Bill is.
hard-working
outgoing  
性格外向的人, sociable, extrovertido
organized 
组织的,高效的, organizado
lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment