Friday, March 1, 2013

Simple Past A-G: What's the matter? Aren't you feeling well?



A-G Fill in the blanks with simple past tense verbs. level5.podomatic.com  document: 5-5032109-6
1.    a.    What’s the matter? Aren’t you feeling well?
       b.    No, I’m not. I had lunch with Mary yesterday, and I think she __________ me her cold!  She has been sick for a week.
2.    She took out her paper and pencil. Then she __________ a picture of the house and garden.
3.    a.    He’s feeling better, isn’t he?
       b.    Yes, he __________ everything on his plate.
4.    He slipped (滑倒了, se resbalado, оскользнуться, ينزلق) on the ice and __________ down, but he didn’t hurt himself.
5.    a.    You _________ down to L.A., didn’t you?
       b.    That’s right. We took United Airlines.
6.    a.    Excuse me, do you have my test?
       b.    Yes. Why?
       a.    I think I __________ to write my name on it.
7.    When she woke up, she __________ very sick, so she didn’t go to work.
8.    My grandfather __________ the Germans in World War II. He was a soldier in Russia.
9.    a.    Did you take Muni to work this morning?
       b.    No, I __________ my car. 
10.  After dinner, she __________ the dishes.
11.  a.    Where did you grow up?
       b.    I __________ up in northern Idaho, and I lived there until I was 18. What about you?
12.  He lost his wallet, but he __________ it later. It was between the cushions in the sofa.
13.  My arm is sore because I __________ a flu shot yesterday. 
14.  After work, he __________ to the bank to deposit his check.

1. gave
2. drew
3. ate
4. fell
5. flew
6. forgot
7. felt
8. fought
9. drove
10. did
11. grew
12. found
13. got
14. went

No comments:

Post a Comment