Sunday, February 10, 2013

Phrasal Verbs #7: He grew up in a small town in...



Part 7: Phrasal Verbs. Fill in the blanks. Use a two-part verb from the list. Sometimes you will need to add a pronoun, such as me, her, him, it, or them. The ˬ sign between two words means that they must stay together; you cannot put a word between them. 

getˬup
goˬon
growˬup
growˬup
help out
pick up
put back
take off
talk over
throw away


1.  He ______________ in a small town in El Salvador, but when he was 17 he moved to the capital to study medicine.
2.  People can't wear shoes in our house. You must _______________ and leave them by the front door before you come in.
3.  Stop acting* like a child! (*言行举止, comportarse, вести себя)  You're 16 now. It's time for you to ___________!
4.  We finished Exercise 3. Then we ____________ to Exercise 4.
5.  a.  What time do you ________?  b.  At 5:20 a.m., but on weekends I sleep in until 8:00.
6.  a.  Thanks for giving me a ride.
     b.  Sure. Have a nice time shopping. When do you want me to _____________?
     b.  At 3:00, in front of the main entrance to the hotel.
7.  a.  I wonder if you could _____________?  I need to clean everything up before I leave, but I only have half an hour. 
     b. Sure. What would you like me to do? 
8.  (A 5-year-old child speaking to his mother at the supermarket)  a.  Mommy, let's get some of this!
     b.  No. Now _____________ on the shelf.
9.  Investing ( , invertir, инвестировать) your money in that stock ( , acciones, ценные бумаги,  фо́ндовая) is very risky ( , arriesgado, рискованный). Before you decide to do it, why don't you _______________ with your accountant?
10. Don't ___________ the receipt! You may need it in case you don't like the gift and you want to return it.

1. grew up
2. take them off
3. grow up
4. went on
5. get up
6. pick you up
7. help me out
8. put it back
9. talk it over
10. throw away

No comments:

Post a Comment