Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ordinal Numbers + Present Perfect or Simple Past?



Exercise. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate verb forms.
1. I’m nervous! This is the first time that (I ever go) ______________________ on a job interview. Wish me luck, O.K.?
2. This is the first time that (I ride) ______________________ on one of these new buses. They’re bigger than the old ones, aren’t they?
3. The principal was the last person that (she speak to) ______________________ at the meeting yesterday.
4. Excuse me, this is the first time that (I ever take) ______________________ the subway. Do you know if it stops at Powell Street?
5. a. Do you know your way around? (=Are you familiar with the place?)
b. No. This is the first time that (I ever be) ______________________ here.
6. No, I was the second person that (she call) ______________________ after the accident. Her father was the first.
7. This is the third test that (she fail) ______________________ this semester. I wonder what’s wrong. She usually does so well on them.
8. This is the fourth time this month that (you be) ______________________ late for work. I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to write you up. (write a letter for someone’s personnel file about poor work behavior or habits)
9. When he came home from work, going into the kitchen and opening a beer was always the first thing that (he do) ______________________ .
10. This is the first pronunciation class that (he ever teach) ______________________ , so he’s going to need more time to prepare for it.
11. Jean Simmons was the first woman that (he marry) ______________________ . After they got divorced, he married Patricia Moon.
12. Christmas was the last time that (we ever see) ______________________ him. He passed away a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment