Saturday, March 8, 2014

Listening: It was a horrible, bloody battle.

a rocket   
a tank   
some jets   
some soldiers   
to explode/an explosion   
to faint   
to yell

Use the past continuous form of these verbs to describe the scene.


come     try    fly              bleed               plug in             
shake (颤抖, 动摇, temblar, качать)
drop       lie     examine   fire (=shoot)    yell (=shout)   
go off  (=explode, 爆炸, estallar, взрыва́ться)
It was a horrible, bloody battle. (爭鬥, batalla, би́тва)
Jets 1________ d____________ bombs from overhead.
         was/were                             -ing
Rockets (火 箭 式 导 弹, cohetes, раке́та) 2________ ____________ through the air.
The bombs 3________ ____________  and the earth 4________ ____________.
An enemy (敌人的, enemigo, враг) soldier 5______ ________ in a foreign language.
Soldiers 6________ ____________ to advance (=to move forward).
They 7________ ____________  their machine guns.             
A tank 8________ ____________ down the hill.
Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder, and I fainted ( , desmayarse, падать в обморок).
When I came to (*became conscious again, 苏醒, recobrar el conocimiento, очнуться), I
9________ ____________  in a tent (帳篷, tienda, палатка) and two physicians
10________ ____________ me. I looked at my arm. It 11_______

____________ .  I couldn’t feel the lower part of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment