Thursday, March 7, 2013

The teacher will correct the tests. He will give them back to us.



Take out the period and make one sentence.  Insert the future time words (as soon as, before, when, etc.) before one of the clauses. Then, change the verb in that clause to simple present form. (Both clauses will still have future meaning.)
1.   The teacher will correct the tests.  He will give them back to us. (as soon as)
2.   She will pay. She will get a receipt.  (after)
3.   I'll take the test.  I'll review the worksheet. (before)
4.   They will finish their meal. The busser will clear the table.  (after)
5.   He'll be able to walk better. He will have his hip operation.  (when)
6.   He will see the bill.  He will hit the ceiling. (=get very angry) (when)
7.   She is going to go back to Mexico.  She is going to stay for a month. (when)
8.   I'm not going to leave. He will get here. (until)
 9.  I will forward his email to you. I will get it.   (as soon as)
10. I'll make the corrections. The teacher will give me my paper back. (as soon as)




1.    As soon as the teacher corrects the tests, he will give them back to us.
2.    After she pays, she will get a receipt. 
3.    Before I take the test, I'll review the worksheet.
4.    After they finish their meal, the busser will clear the table. 
5.    He'll be able to walk better when he has his hip operation. 
6.    When he sees the bill, he will hit the ceiling.
7.    When she goes back to Mexico, she is going to stay for a month.
8.    I'm not going to leave until he gets here.
9.    I will forward his email to you as soon as I get it.  
10.        I'll make the corrections as soon as the teacher gives me my paper back.

No comments:

Post a Comment