Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Part 4: Phrasal Verbs

Part 4: Phrasal Verbs. Fill in the blanks. Use a two-part verb from the list. Sometimes you will need to add a pronoun, such as me, her, him, it, or them.
call off           
call up

drop off
figure out
fill out
find out
get back
get by
go on
grow up
look up
pick up

1.    On her way to work, she dropped off her daughter at school.
2.    Can I use your cell phone? I need to call up my mother and tell her everything is all right.
3.    He got into trouble with the boss. He went to lunch at noon and didn't get back to the office until 2:00.
4.    I don't have a huge salary ( 金, , зарпла́та), but  I make enough to get by (on).
5.    If your name isn't on the sign-in sheet, you need to fill out a registration form.
6.    I'm trying to read this sentence, but I can't figure out what it says.
7.    The President had plans to travel abroad ( , al extranjero, за границу or рубеж), but he called off his visit because a deadly hurricane (飓风, huracán, ураган) struck Florida and killed hundreds of people.
8.    When she was 18 years old, she found out that her parents had adopted* her. * 收养, удочерять
9.    I don't ride the bus. At 3:30, my mom picks me up at school and drives me home.
10.  Do you have a phone book? I need to look up her number.

No comments:

Post a Comment